The UCLA Depression Grand Challenge hosted its inaugural symposium in Northern California on Thursday, April 26, 2018 and another symposium following the same program in Southern California on Monday, May 14, 2018. Internal and external stakeholders were invited to learn how UCLA is understanding, preventing, and treating the world’s greatest health problem. Presenters shared compelling stories about their research interests and involvement with the Depression Grand Challenge. Presenters included:
– Chancellor Gene Block, UCLA Chancellor
– Michelle Craske, UCLA Depression Grand Challenge Executive Committee Member
– Nelson Freimer, Depression Grand Challenge Director
– Jonathan Flint, Depression Grand Challenge Executive Committee Member
– Laurie Gordon, Depression Grand Challenge Leadership Council Member
– Shari Staglin, Depression Grand Challenge Leadership Council Member
– Garen Staglin, Co-Chair of Depression Grand Challenge Leadership Council
Attendees had the opportunity to learn more about the three DGC Executive Committee Team members through personal stories and gained insights into what inspired these researchers to get involved with the DGC.
Event video coming soon.