The UCLA Depression Grand Challenge (DGC) submitted a proposal for funding titled UCLA Depression Grand Challenge (UCLA DGC): Humanizing and Destigmatizing Depression through the 2019 My LA2050 Grants Challenge sponsored by the Goldhirsh Foundation. The foundation will award a total of $1 million to ten organizations that have submitted plans on how to make Los Angeles a better place to: LEARN, CREATE, PLAY, CONNECT, and LIVE. UCLA needs to secure the top-10 most votes in the “LIVE” category to be eligible to win $100,000 to dedicate toward destigmatizing and humanizing depression.
The DGC’s proposal includes programming salon-style events across Los Angeles, creating and executing impactful digital media campaigns, and mobilizing advocates in the LA area- all in an effort to erode the stigma and shame often affiliated with depression.
The Depression Grand Challenge needs your support to secure this funding!
The voting process is outlined below. The public voting period for proposals is open through Monday, April 29 (5pm PT).
How To Vote
– STEP 1: VOTE at http://bit.ly/UCLADGC-MyLA2050
– STEP 2: CLICK “VOTE FOR THIS PROPOSAL”
– STEP 3: SCROLL to find The Regents of the University of California (UCLA Depression Grand Challenge) from the LIVE category
– STEP 4: CLICK “SELECT”
– STEP 5: CLICK “CONFIRM MY VOTE”
– STEP 6: ENTER Your ZIP Code. You’re almost done!
– STEP 7: ENTER your phone, email, or Facebook to verify your vote.
Read more about the proposal and My LA2050 at UCLA Newsroom
Vote at My LA2050 Grants Challenge