UCLA Depression Grand Challenge (DGC) Co-Director Michelle Craske (psychology and psychiatry professor) talked with “UCLA Health Zone Show” co-hosts Dr. Phil Cohen and Adam Auslund on May 23, 2020.
During her segment, Michelle covered:
– The DGC’s STAND system of care
– The benefits of a consistent mindfulness practice
– The “Five Cs” for easing COVID-19–related anxiety and stress
– Identifying ways to feel in control in the midst of uncertainty
– Advice for those who may be nervous about reentering society and visiting public places as COVID-19 closures are lifted
Much of the advice that Michelle shared may be found in segments of the UCLA COVID-19 Care Package, available on the STAND Together during COVID-19 website.
Listen to Michelle’s segment on “UCLA Health Zone” from 66:50 to 88:13.
“UCLA Health Zone” is a weekly radio show and podcast that invites guests to talk about sports injuries, treatments and general health information for athletes and weekend warriors alike. The show airs Saturdays, from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM PT, on AM570 radio. Dr. Cohen, a co-host of the show is an associate clinical professor of medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine, and a primary care sports medicine physician.